Skip to main content
Happy Birthday to Me!

The big 38! Man I'm old heh! How old? I still remember The Sugarhill Gang's 'Rapper's Delight' 12 inch record (yup vinyl) being played at my 8th grade dance. I can still remember wearing Angel Flights polyester slacks (I may have gone to far here but meh!) to church and being amazed at how far I could slide on my knees on the church basketball court. This of course didn't amaze my parents as much as me as I came home with the knees on my pants all burnt till they shined or were with holes.


(Yum! And no! I don't like my steak that rare it's just what the cut looks precooked.)

What was my B-Day present? Dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse! Woot! Definitely different here in Salt Lake City than at the Ruth Chris's in Hawaii. A bit more stuffier employees here and not a casual. Even Kazumi commented on it. Then again you can pretty much go into the one on Maui with slippers... Still again you can pretty much go anywhere on Maui in slippers.


Besides that Loa got his first haircut at the elite hair salon Kenji's in Salt Lake City from this lady that was going totally ga-ga over his chubby cheeks. Sorry about the quality but then again this is a cell phone photo. She said we 'make good babies.' I dunno if I should be either pleased or offended hah!

Also updated the Flickr with more shots of Loa from Japan as well as his new gear he will be sporting for when we go to Hawaii courtesy of my family back home. It shows him in some studio shots they took of him in Japan dressed in some traditional wear as well as some fun stuff too. A sample below. Sorry the studio shots are low quality because we didn't get digital shots this was a picture of a picture we took with our digital camera.

(Styling!)

Did I say I feel old? It really doesn't help having a full of energy 5 month old demanding attention. He has enough energy to make a 20 something tired just watching him. Check the video below.

Comments

Jerin said…
Hey, let's go have steak! We can do that even though our wives are back now, right? We just have to find some kind of special occasion and my wife will approve. ;) Oh - how about Keoki's Birthday! Happy Birthday bro!
Anonymous said…
aloha for your sis. Thanks =)I enjoyed the pictures! We sure miss you guys. The boys are keeping me busy and happy all together. Oops Tita 2.... Her first birthday party was very nice. I have some video. I'll try and make edited copies. Mom just had a bubu on her
head and I am not working. Call mom she can tell you all about.
Keep us in prayer. Love you guys!
Lei

Popular posts from this blog

.....Hello?....Hello?.....Is this thing on? Mic test....1...2....3....4... So I figured I'd dust this old thing off and let you all know in my once in my few years address of whats been going on. But most of you who will actually read this probably know already about most of this stuff. Okay first thing probably the most important thing, we had another boy name Hinata Lamalii Sing or Hina for short....But as some of you know he just turned three so this may be old news but heck I am trying to do a consistent time line of important events okay? Second big event, we moved out of downtown SLC to Utah County. A condo in Lehi to be more specific...But yet again old news and we have already been hear over a year. Two next October. As fun as the old place was, having twice as much space is so much better. I like it because it is bigger but not to big as to not be able to hear each other if someone calls out. Best of all upon reflection NO TRAINS!!! It is so much quieter but as you ...
H a p p y N e w Y e a r ! Well its been 9 months since I last wrote and I figured as my New Years resolution I would kick the blog around a bit more. I think since its been a while I'll give you a quick recap of what has happened since than first. Since March 2007 I have gone through 3 jobs till my current pos ition which I think was good for me in the long run. Our son celebrated his 1st birthday in June with some frien ds and his Gr andpa and Grandma Sing from Hawaii. Kazumi went back to her ol d job, because they allowed her to bring our son Loa with her. We also found out we will be expecting our next child (another boy) in early April. Okay, back to the present. For the holidays, as usu al it was a pretty quiet affair. Spent some time at the Yu's home for a pre-Christmas get together watching all the kids going crazy and enjoying some Japaneses food. Then a stint at the LDS hospital emergency room on Christmas night (Woo-hoo!) with Loa and a case of the Croup. Which is a...
SOLO! (Me saying goodbye at the Airport..) So the wife and son are finally off on their grand excursion to Japan for a month to see the nihon family. Leaving me to work..... Go to school.... And paying the bills....... NICE! If I think to much on it I'll probably get depressed so hmm? Lets look on the bright side and think of the advantages of being a semi-bacholer once again shall we? 1. The bed has finally been relinquished! To be more specific and give you a better understanding of how much this matters I will give you a little idea of how the sleeping arrangements are in our little home. First off I married a woman from Japan where she's used to sleeping on a futon on the floor so basically the whole floor became her bed at night growing up. This thus turns into me coming home from work to see she (Kazumi) is all over the bed, the covers are mangled and half the pillows are on the floor. Including most of the time my pillow. Wonder if she's trying to tell me something?...