Another post from Japan (Onsen)
(Loa, Grandma, and Kazuyo)
My cousin and her husband (we call him Sensei, because he is a pediatrician) had reserved a stay at an Onsen (hot spring) hotel for us (me, mom and Loa) with them before we came back to Japan. On Saturday we drove about 2 hours to the town called Haki, Fukuoka and met them (from Shimonoseki) at the hotel. I think that was the longest drive Loa experienced. He cried pretty loud for a few minutes in the car seat and then fell asleep, which is normal for him. We arrived there around 4:30pm. Although it is a hotel, our rooms were traditional Japanese style and if you requested the dinner could be served in our own room (which Sensei arranged since we have a baby with us.)
(The room.)
Dinner was to be served at 6pm. Loa was up by the time we arrived at the hotel, but looked tired. We took him to one of the Onsen's before dinner anyway. While I was washing myself, my cousin took him to the tub, but as soon as he touched the water, he started crying. I think he was tired and on top of that, the water was too hot for him. He usually loves taking a bath. So we kind of rushed out the bathing area. The dinner was already on the table when we returned to our room.
(FOOD!)
While we were eating, Loa was on the cushion next to my mom, looking around and smiling. FYI, my cousin is a midwife/nurse, so both of them have seen a lot of babies. If I could brag about my son here, they said Loa is very good (happy) baby and has a VERY healthy and rich facial expression for his age. They also reassured that I DO NOT have to worry about him being so chubby.(Loa and Sensei!)
Loa was in a very good mood but finally went to bed around 8:30pm. I went to Roten Buro (outside bath) by myself since other three were still drinking and talking and said they could watch Loa.
I went to take a bath in the morning, too while my mom watched Loa. So I went to Onsen total three times. That was really nice.
(Added note: Some of the pictures you can click on and it will expand while others will be the same size. Different camera with differnt resolutions. Sorry.)






Comments
I know...it was a very nice place. What you see in the pictures are not all. They kept bringin more and dessert. It was delicious and everyone cleared all the plates!
Kiss Loa for me *=) Tanks for the pictures.
Lei