Skip to main content
SOLO!



(Me saying goodbye at the Airport..)


So the wife and son are finally off on their grand excursion to Japan for a month to see the nihon family. Leaving me to work..... Go to school.... And paying the bills....... NICE!

If I think to much on it I'll probably get depressed so hmm? Lets look on the bright side and think of the advantages of being a semi-bacholer once again shall we?

1. The bed has finally been relinquished! To be more specific and give you a better understanding of how much this matters I will give you a little idea of how the sleeping arrangements are in our little home.

First off I married a woman from Japan where she's used to sleeping on a futon on the floor so basically the whole floor became her bed at night growing up. This thus turns into me coming home from work to see she (Kazumi) is all over the bed, the covers are mangled and half the pillows are on the floor. Including most of the time my pillow. Wonder if she's trying to tell me something? I sometimes come home and just give a big sigh and seriously think about cutting my loses and just sleeping on the couch. Most times though I just dutifully slink into my roughly the shap of Lombard street (in San Francisco) 5'9" x 18'' spot on the bed and try to get a few winks...'Sigh..'

Next is little Loa more commonly referred to when he is asleep as the 'TICKING TIME BOMB.' Once he's out (he sleeps in our bed) you essentially have to sneak into bed like my hommies would say 'like you was try'n to rob some body!' for fear of waking him up.

Alright, to be fair I to have my own issues with sleep. I snore........ Ok, ok! To be brutally honest, it's a little more than just 'snoring.' It's more like if you left me to sleep in the Amazon jungle over night you would probably have a whole bunch of homeless monkeys and aborigines on your hands by day break! YES I CUT SOME MEAN TIMBER AT NIGHT Sheesh!

Ah but now the world is mine! (Or at least the bed.) No getting smacked in the head by tossing and turning crazy nihon-jin's, no 2:00 am early wake up calls by crying boys needing their diapers changed and no more nudges in the middle of the night to roll over cause 'You're snoring too much!' Yessss!

Oh and Kazumi? I'm sure you are going to read this. Even with all of this I still miss you and Loa very much! But no worries I'll keep the home in one piece for when you guys come back ok?

While my family is gone I'll give you all a video representation of just how well I'll be managing at home while everyone is away.


**Disclaimer alert, 1) No I will not be drinking 2) I would love to say that the thing with the TV dinner has never happened to me but sadly cannot and 3) Yes I still own a pair of ‘tighty whitey’s’ but only for when I go swimming not for dancing in…Well at least not to Bob Seager. Get some Planet Rock on and I might have to re-think my stance a bit.)

More 'Virtues of Semi-Bachlorehood' to come later so stay tuned as we find out what lies ahead!

Comments

Jerin said…
Funny stuff Keoki! This is my chance to catch up on all the movies and anime I've been missing. Let's get together. We're more likely not to eat TV dinners that way. Definitely harder than I expected. Last night, I had a can of chili. It's not looking good, man. haha!
Keoki said…
Yeah chili from a can can be bad if you get the wrong brand.

Me? It's just more reason for eating out. I already hit Crown Burger's and Taco Time and I don't even like Taco Time that much! Hah!
Anonymous said…
Oh no you two!
Dont have too much fun over there.
Wami and I made it to Osaka.
Loa slept so much on the plane, he kept waking up at night...sigh...

Hope Taisei is doing better.
Anonymous said…
Probably not allowed to do this but I'll take 1 or 2 liberties now that its my last week as a missonary. Shout out to Keoki you officially beat almost all my brothers at sending me e-mail over the 2 year period (you still dont beat mark I think). Congrads.
Keoki said…
Hi Kazumi glad to have spoke to you this morning even glader? That you got there ok and Loa was being good.

Poor Wami..

Wow cool even Abe commented thanks man! But be safe it's almost over.
Anonymous said…
Oh my dear brother, try and sleep with 4 other squrmies in your bed,
sick like dogs and having to clean up one after them, OOOOPPPPSSS
I forgot you did have to clean up after one of my little miricels (no he's not little any more)when he went to visit last Christmas. Any way..... We have a little some thing for Loa, Kazumi and you in the mail today. It may be your dinner, if Kazumi doesn't return home to share it with you. ENJOY and We'll see ya soon. BIG HUGS! Aloha your younger sis
Keoki said…
Hi Lei,

Yeah Kaha did leave us a little something on his last day here. Just glad it didn't stain the carpet since we are only renters. (heh!)

Felt really bad since we had to put him on the plane in that condition but he's young so he can handle it and by the time he's in High school he will probably forget it and we can bring it up from time-to-time to embarrass him ha!

Yeah I couldn't imagine four Loa's in our bed. Though it would probably be fun for like a few hours I think we would probably lose our minds if it was every day!

Oh and don't worry about me missing meals we leave close to west North Temple and anyone who knows that part of North Temple knows that it has (now this is going to hurt my hands to even type) Red Iguana’s (Mexican), Leatherby's (Ice Cream and I think they do Sandwich's too.), Beto's Mexican and open 24 hours Woot!), Pizza Hut, Wienerschnitzel's (chili hotdog's, burgers and fries. Yes I had to look it up to spell and sorry that’s what Kaha left for us in a regurgitated state on our carpet. Poor guy.), East Sea (Chinese), Arctic Circle (Eskimo food...Just kidding, it's a burger joint), Arby's, Wendy's, Carl's Jr., MacDonald’s, Another Mexican Restaurant I can't remember the name (actually 2 which I can't remember the name), Panda Cafe (Chinese Buffet), Burger King, Subways, Apollo Burger (good stuff!) and Denny's. Also right off of Redwood Road and North Temple is a KFC and A&W's (another burger joint.) Woosh! So yeah I won't go hungry. I might go broke but, definitely not hungry.

If I get too poor I'll just live off of Costco hotdog's....Just kidding again though they are pretty cheap.
Anonymous said…
Woot!!! The bed is yours! Good to hear that there are some advantages to bachelor hood. When I was stuck in Japan for a month I certainly felt the Joy of having a bed all to your self. But also the sadness of not having the ones you love near to you.

And to "ELDER Kailiponi" I wrote 6 times as much to you on your mission as you wrote to me! So stop your belly aching. (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, so what if you were like 4 when I went on my mission... I should of seen alot more crayon drawings and the like) :D
Keoki said…
I Guess I know what to get you for Christmas Dave. Only question is do you prefer Crayola's, colored pencils or pens? Haha!