Okay, first post from Japan by Kazumi. I cannot write as good as Keoki, but I will try. Here is how our trip and our first day in Japan went.
We arrived Japan at 4pm on 26th. On our flight to Osaka, Wami and I both had a bulkhead seat, but we couldn't sit together. As a matter of fact, they are not supposed to have more than one baby in each row (? section) because of the number of oxgen masks or some kind of reason.
Anyhow, Loa was pretty good on the plane. On our first flight to SFO, I tried to feed him at take-off, but I started too early. He fell asleep even before we reached the runway. He was a little bit fussy one time during the flight so I fed him. He kept drinking and threw up on my shirt (great) (Keoki: 'A-Boo!'), then fell asleep again. He never woke up until we were walking around in SF airport. Although I had brought his stroller, I carried him in the Baby Bjorn and put my and Wami's bags in the stroller,which I felt worked out pretty good. (BTW, there were so many babies on this flight and Flight Attendants were very friendly. Too bad those FAs were not on our next flight. )
On our next (longest) flight to Osaka, I sat on the window seat next to an American guy who is stationed in Okinawa (Navy officer). We actually talked a lot (he even showed me pictures of his daughters, wife and dog), and he was very nice to Loa and me. Since no bassinets were available (even though we requested in advance) I had to hold Loa all the way to Japan(11hr. 20min). So this man helped me with my bag, meal (tray), and drink, etc, and held Loa for me while I went to use the bathroom. I was so grateful for his help (since FAs were not helpful). Loa slept a lot on this flight, which I was also grateful for. (And he did not throw up on my shirt this time) (Keoki: 'Yay!')
Wami and I said good-bye in Osaka, and I went on to my last flight to Fukuoka. This last flight was really short, about 50 minutes. The Japanese FAs were so kind and helpful, and one of them spotted me even before I arrived at the gate. She got my bag and showed us to our seat.
An interesting thing happened on this flight. A Japanese guy who sat next to me asked if I was a friend of Shiho. I was like, Shiho?? the one in Salt Lake City? He said 'yes.' He said he is a sushi chef at Kyoto restaurant where Shiho works and she said friend of hers (me) was going to Fukuoka on the same day he was. He had been on the same flights with us from SLC, but there were so many babies he did not know which was Shiho's friend. But on this last flight his seat was next to mine!! Since Loa fell asleep (again) (Keoki: 'Yay!'), we talked, and he share a piece of Sushi he bought at Kansai with me (yummy!) He also helped me with my bags when we got off the plane.
My parents were waiting for us at Fukuoka airport and Loa did not wake up at all until I put him down on the floor at my parents' house. Then he was smiling, talking, staring at them and just melted their hearts. I call them Baba-baka and Jiji-baka already.
Well that was great...until he kept waking up all night. I hardly slep on the plane, my arms hurt and I was dead tired. I thought I would drop him on the floor. I finally gave up trying to make him go to sleep at 4am and started playing with him. Finally around 6am, I took him to my mom's futon and just rolled him next to her. She woke up and was so happy to see him, I just left him there and went to bed. It was a long day. But I think it was worth coming all the way.

Comments
Good to here you made it to Japan in one piece. I think its good practice for Loa to prepare for his more important trip. His visit down to LA to see US.
Be safe in Japan and enjoy your self. :D
The flight to LAX will be a piece of cake compared to the one to Osaka. Loa is a easy baby, I guess...just need food and sleep. Hope going back will be as easy as this one.
Jerin,Sorry I couldn't help Wami as much as I wanted to. Winger's...thank you for going there with Keoki.
Have fun in Japan, Kazumi. and Good luck Keoki (with your food choices...:-) Akiko
Thanks for commenting. I'm gonna try to do an entry once a week here so I don't run out of stuff to write. Though to be honest I can't remember the last time I had a problem with writing something up.
I can't string 2 words together in a normal conversation to save my life but I have no issues with writing weird neh?